Not sure if anyone's interested.

NetRngr

TAC Member
Baldur's Gate 3 looks kinda fun.

Not sure how I entirely missed this one for almost a year.

Last edited:

NetRngr

TAC Member
Ahh it's still early access. That would be why.

TomC

TAC Member
I'm interested but feel the same way, I don't really want to Beta test this. They said they had success with another title doing this and that it should be fully ready by next year. So far the reviews seem positive however peeps are worried that gameplay may change from the test and so in order to accomplish some tasks you would have to play through again after beta

NetRngr

TAC Member
Yeah, I mean I dont have a problem with early access but not at the full game price. Think of it as us doing you a favor and telling you where thinks are wonky or need some work and give us a break on the cost as it reduces your need for internal play testers and gives you a WIDE variety of hardware combinations to rely on. Since we are mainly old farts here we can all remember the days when getting beta / early access was an honor and we all took the time to pour over the game and try everything. Sadly the younger guys dont really do that much any more and simply tear through as much of the game as they can as quickly as they can to move on to the next title sometimes before the actual game launches.
I remember being selected for the Betas for Asheron's Call, UO, and World of Warcraft. I tested the bejesus out of these things and when they went live was selected, due to my efforts, to be awarded in game support roles with Asheron's Call and UO. I was honored to be given that level of trust and the confidence they showed in my abilities.
It just seems like these days games have lost a bit of depth due to these types of testers and programs not being a thing any more. Just like every thing else in the world when you are creating something you can get bogged down in your vision of the thing and miss what someone completely outside of the process can bring to the table.
I have some screen shots on a drive someplace of all my testing and online support characters. I should dig those out and make a collage and frame it with the boxes / cd case art. That would be kinda cool to hang in the gaming area.

TomC

TAC Member
Yeah, I mean I dont have a problem with early access but not at the full game price.
I agree there should be a discount of some sort. It almost feels like they want to get the game out and reap the rewards of access before the competition gets their games out and by saying hey it's early access it off loads the responsibility of having a clean game on launch.

Top Bottom