Well apparently I'm alive

NetRngr

TAC Member
Hey guys,
Sorry to have been away so long. Lost my job at the beginning of July but thankfully IT folks with skills are still in demand just at an albeit slower pace. New job in hand and loving it so that's awesome. Didn't really do much of anything while I was out of work save apply for jobs. Luckily I got a decent severance package and wasn't under the gun to take the first thing that came up. Ive started playing some games again and playing some music. Hope to get back into shape so as I dont embarrass myself out there hahah.
Good to be back guys.

Gator

TAC Member
Hey NetRngr, glad to hear you are doing okay and back in action. Come join us when you get all caught up with life. We still here. :)

Frgt2Frgv

TAC Member
Sorry to Hear! Where has everyone been?
What games do you all play? I cant believe I made it back here its insane! whats the TS3 server?

NetRngr

TAC Member
Damn sorry to hear about the old job, glad to hear you found a new Gig! good to see ya back posting!
Yeah I liked nearly everyone in the dept. a lot. My old boss was promoted to CIO and they hired a new guy to be over the technical department who, well lets just say, he couldn't find his ass with both hands. I mean seriously when will companies start back with skills testing for positions? I've got 30+years in IT 25 of it being switches, routers, firewalls, and servers. There were days I felt I forgot more the morning I woke up than he has learned and he wanted to argue about everything.
Had to call it quits when he pretty much ordered me to violate federal (FDA)guidelines. Loved my job there but not going to federal prison for anyone. That said new position is building out a secure network from scratch and implementing all the good stuff. Will probably take me better part of the next yr to get it up, running, and fully automated but then it will be buttah. Also their Projects manager aside from the IT manager so will have plenty to do. Best thing is they did not classify me as exempt haha. Hellooooo overtime. Nahh I should bring that up. There is a reason IT guys are usually exempt.

Gator

TAC Member
Sorry to Hear! Where has everyone been?
What games do you all play? I cant believe I made it back here its insane! whats the TS3 server?
We are playing call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Star Citizen, and Star Wars Squadron, to name a few. We are using Discord now, so simply click on the Join link at the top of the page. :alien:

TomC

TAC Member
Yeah I liked nearly everyone in the dept. a lot. My old boss was promoted to CIO and they hired a new guy to be over the technical department who, well lets just say, he couldn't find his ass with both hands. I mean seriously when will companies start back with skills testing for positions? I've got 30+years in IT 25 of it being switches, routers, firewalls, and servers. There were days I felt I forgot more the morning I woke up than he has learned and he wanted to argue about everything.
Had to call it quits when he pretty much ordered me to violate federal (FDA)guidelines. Loved my job there but not going to federal prison for anyone. That said new position is building out a secure network from scratch and implementing all the good stuff. Will probably take me better part of the next yr to get it up, running, and fully automated but then it will be buttah. Also their Projects manager aside from the IT manager so will have plenty to do. Best thing is they did not classify me as exempt haha. Hellooooo overtime. Nahh I should bring that up. There is a reason IT guys are usually exempt.
Ive been maintaining my old business and started a new job last year working for Uncle Sam, the money was too good to pass up for my area. Now with covid I only have to be onsite maybe once a week. its been pretty nice!

Top Bottom